Description: This two-hour course is designed for all healthcare workers who require licensure in Michigan. In this course, participants will learn effective strategies to counteract the harmful effects of implicit bias. By gaining insight into how it influences your perception, judgment, and actions, you’ll be able to avoid making unfair decisions, improve communication, and eliminate barriers that lead to disparities in healthcare access and delivery. This course is directly related to all healthcare fields. This course is currently needed for licensure in Michigan if you are taking it for the first time. Approved by MI State Board of Physical Therapy. Course meets all requirements for other professions as well as per LARA and doesn’t require individual state board approval.
All professions licensed or registered under the Michigan Public Health Code, except for Veterinary Medicine, are required to take Implicit Bias training. This includes the following: Acupuncture, Athletic Trainers , Audiologists Behavior Analysts, Chiropractors, Counselors Dentistry, Genetic Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Massage Therapy, Medicine Midwifery, Nursing Nursing Home Administrators, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine & Surgery, Pharmacy (Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, etc.) Physical Therapy,Physician’s Assistants, Podiatric Medicine & Surgery, Psychology, Respiratory Therapy, Sanitarian, Social worker Speech-Language Pathology
- After finishing this activity, the learner will accurately define implicit bias.
- The learner will recognize the influence of implicit bias on perception and performance in healthcare delivery.
- The learner will possess a practical understanding of the latest research on implicit bias.
- The learner will correctly identify effective strategies to foster equity in the provision of healthcare services.
The course will have the following components.
A pretest is given to all participants at the beginning of the course.
Establishing a baseline with a pretest, presenters can better understand the participants knowledge about implicit bias.
Implicit bias training will include opportunities for healthcare providers to reflect on their own biases and assumptions, and to consider how these might impact their interactions with patients. A live interactive format is selected for this course.
Using a simple discussion format the following will be explained with examples
- Gender Bias in Healthcare.
- Racial Bias in healthcare
- Layered Bias in healthcare
Case studies and scenarios: This implicit bias training has several case studies and scenarios that illustrate the ways in which implicit biases can impact patient care and will provide examples of strategies for addressing bias in these situations.
A Post test is given to all participants at conclusion of the course
Final course completion certificate issued after a passing score of 70% is achieved.
Midwest Professional Medical Education presents
Part A – Spine (32 hours)- Approved by FSBPT in 35+ states
Date: TBD 2024
Tuition fee- $750
EARLY BIRD – $695.00 TILL May 31st, 2022 $695
About the course
Capri strongly believes that a successful clinician’s foundation lies in strong and accurate orthopedic assessment to deliver qualitative and appropriate treatment. This comprehensive 8 days’ certificate course lays strong emphasis on orthopedic manual therapy to provide clinicians with intensive tuition to perform an accurate and specific manual therapy examination according to the patient’s needs. The examination & treatment process developed by CIMT draws on the work of various NUMERO UNO in Manual Therapy like Butler, Edwards, Elvey, Maitland, McConnell, McKenzie, Shacklock, and several taping concepts.
We inculcate in the clinicians the art of subjective and physical examination from Manual Therapy point of view rather than spoon feeding the therapist with a dead-end protocol. We believe every patient is unique; the complaints are unique and should be assessed uniquely. The skill lies in the fingertips and we help to exploit this talent!
Aims of the course:
- To create and deliver a perfectly balanced, practically oriented Post Graduate course to Physios, that help in establishing their practice faster.
- An amalgamation of the various manual therapy concepts for neuromusculoskeletal examination and treatment procedures into one complete formulated system of orthopaedic manual therapy.
- To offer a practical course to those clinician, busy in their practice and wish to improve their skills, knowledge and qualification..
- Be abreast with the recent developments and researches in Clinical Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Kinematics and Biomechanics and the various age related changes in the spine and the peripheral joints & skilled in applying neuromusculoskeletal assessment procedures. Be competent in formulating differential diagnosis based on the integrated neuromusculoskeletal examination, clinical reasoning & evidence based practice.
- Be adept in formulating the most suitable manual therapy protocol/technique that is tailored according to the individual needs of the patient.
- Be expert in delivering the manual therapy treatment.
- Be capable of assessing the accuracy and reliability of the treatment technique / protocol used on the patient using his manual therapy assessment skills.
- All participants will gain an understanding of the best of different manual concepts.
- The participant will have enhanced assessment skills when examining extremity and spinal joints.
- As with all manual techniques, handling skills are paramount, and at the end of the program, the true professional shall be able to assess the condition and deliver the manual treatment with great expertise.
- They will learn taping techniques to maintain correction of functional movement patterns.
- The most important outcome is that patients will benefit the most from this integrated approach.
- Participant must be a registered Physical therapist / PTA or final year student from a recognized institute/university.
- 100% Attendance is mandatory, irrespective of any reason, anyone coming late or going early or absent even for one day (with or without prior permission/information) won’t get course completion certificate, until, He / She complete that day/Time/Topic in next available course. For attending missing day/time/topic, you will need to pay fee for that day/time/topic as informed by organizer. Timing of workshop will be 8.30 AM to 6 PM.
- Participant must not be suffering from any known mental, physical or any medical illness, which stop him/her to undergo mobilisation, manipulation during this 9 days Hands on COMT workshop. Participant must be fit to undergo manipulation & mobilisation for any part of his/her Body.
- By enrolling in this course “participant” agree to release and hold organizer/instructors and its agents harmless from, and assume all responsibility for, all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions or causes of action to persons or persons from responsibility for injury, arising out of or connected with your use of the organizer’s/teacher’s employees, facilities or premises or techniques. The participant, agree that he/she understand the inherent risks in utilizing equipment and/ or practicing and learning assessment or treatment skills associated with the educational experience. Participant agree to disclose disabilities, illnesses, or other conditions that increase his/her risk during this educational experience. Such risk of injury includes, but is not limited to, injuries arising from or relating to use by participant or others of any equipment and facilities, and injuries and medical disorders arising from or relation to participation in “live” skill development to yourself or others. Organizer/instructors is not responsible for lost, damaged, or theft of personal property during the educational experience. This agreement shall be binding for participant, his/her spouse, heirs, estate, and his/her assignees, and participant hereby agree to indemnify Organizer/instructors and to hold them absolutely harmless if anyone should hereafter file suit against the Club or those released hereby for any matter.
- Daily at 8.30 AM there will be a short practical & viva examination / assessment / test session of 30 minutes covering previous day topic to assure that participants have grasped and learned the topic effectively and work on their shortcomings.
- Wear loose, comfortable lab clothing (with long hair pulled back). Waxing of arms and legs is recommended for the purposing of taping.
- Finger nails must be cut, no jewelry in hand and neck allowed during workshop time.
- Bring a large towel and small pillow with you.
- On 1st of the workshop, all participants are requested to report at the venue at 8.30 AM, for registration and collection of manual therapy kit and study materials.
- All cancellation requests must be in writing/email..
- Any cancellation on or before 3 weeks, from the date of the course will be refunded 100% of the course fee
- Any cancellation less than 2 weeks from the date of the course will be refunded minus a 20% administrative fee.
No money will be refunded in case of any cancellation request received less than one week prior to the date of course.
However, if we do not / can’t offer a seat or if the course is cancelled because of any reasons, your full course fee will be refunded.
MPME reserves the right of cancellation / rescheduling any course and city in situation without their control and participants will get full refund of their fee
- All cancellation requests must be in writing/email.
Any cancellation on or before 3 weeks, from the date of CME will attract a charge of 20% of the total fee towards administrative costs.
Any cancellation on or before 1 week, from the date of CME will attract a charge of 50% of the total fee towards administrative costs.
No money will be refunded in case of any cancellation request received or post marked, less than one week prior to the date of course.
However, if we do not / can’t offer a seat or if the course is cancelled because of any reasons, your full money received by Capri Institute will be refunded.
- Organizer reserve the right of cancellation / rescheduling any course and city in situation without their control and participants will get full refund of their fee deposited in case unable to attend said course on new dates/city. To avail full refund by canceling their seat, participant must inform the same in writing within 48 hours of receiving said information.
If you’ve paid using online payment gateway, third party transaction charges will not be refunded in any situations mentioned above.